MODPLUNGE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
& FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
- Electrical Outlets: Any electrical outlet used for the ModPlunge must be a GFCI protected outlet. Owners may use the GFCI protected plug adapter included with the ModPlunge or another GFCI protected outlet.
- Power Outages: In case of a power outage, unplug the ModPlunge before turning the breaker back on and restoring power.
- Filters: Always use the hose filter provided with the ModPlunge (or similar type filter) when filling the cooler with water.
- Surfaces: Place the cooler on a flat, level surface prior to use. Damage that results from ModPlunge not being on a flat, level surface is NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY.
- Weight. The surface must be strong enough to hold the weight of the cooler and the water (825 pounds when filled), and the weight of the user.
- Cover. Do not leave your ModPlunge open, uncovered and in direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- Secure. Take the necessary steps to secure the ModPlunge with appropriate locks or covers. Securing your ModPlunge is necessary for child safety, reducing your liability, and discouraging unwanted guests from using your cooler.
- Non-Commercial Use. This product is NOT warrantied for commercial use.
POTENTIAL HAZARD / INJURY WARNINGS
- Intended Use / Children. This product is NOT intended for use by children under the age of 18. To reduce the risk of injury or death, do NOT permit children to use this product unless supervised by a responsible adult. It is the owner’s responsibility to secure the ModPlunge to prevent children, animals and unwanted guests from entering cooler without permission.
- Risk of Accidental Drowning. Extreme caution must be exercised to prevent unauthorized access by children. To avoid accidents, such as accidental drowning, ensure that children cannot use or access the ModPlunge unless they are supervised at all times. It is the owner’s responsibility to secure the ModPlunge when not in use.
- Level Ground. To avoid property damage or risk of injury, ModPlunge should be installed on a level surface with a solid foundation, capable for supporting the weight of the ModPlunge and water (around 825 pounds when filled), as well as the user.
- Risk of Electric Shock. To avoid dangerous situations involving water and electricity, place or install the ModPlunge at least 1.5 meters (5 feet) from all electrical devices and outlets. Do not permit any electrical appliance (such as a light, telephone, radio, television, etc.) within 1.5 meters (5 feet) of the ModPlunge.
- Electrical Supply & Outlet. The electrical supply for this product must include a suitable circuit breaker. The plug and outlet powering the chiller must be at least 1.5 meters (5 feet), from the ModPlunge. The disconnect tied to the plug and outlet must also be readily accessible and visible to the ModPlunge occupant. Only plug the ModPlunge into a GFCI outlet. Owners may use the GFCI protected plug adapter included with the ModPlunge or another GFCI protected outlet.
- Water Temperature / Session Time. To reduce the risk of injury, before entering the ModPlunge the user should measure the water temperature with an accurate thermometer to ensure the temperature regulating device is functioning properly. The water in the Modplunge should never be below 39 degrees Fahrenheit. First time users should limit the use of the ModPlunge to 1 minute per session. Experienced users should limit their sessions to 10 minutes.
- Your ModPlunge is a cold plunge tub / cooler and should be used for that purpose. Cold water temperatures are used at your own risk. Users are instructed to adjust the water temperature of the ModPlunge to their preference. Adding ice to the ModPlunge can be injurious to your health, and may also cause the chiller to freeze and break. Adding ice to the water and freezing the chiller will void the warranty.
- Using water below 39 degrees (F) could be injurious to your health.
- Women who are pregnant or may be pregnant should follow their doctor’s orders regarding the use of the ModPlunge.
- The use of alcohol, drugs, or medication prior to entering, or during the use of the ModPlunge could lead to unconsciousness, injury, and the possibility of drowning. The use of drugs or alcohol could also greatly increase the risk of fatal hypothermia.
- Persons suffering from obesity, or that have a medical history of heart disease, stroke, high or low blood pressure, circulatory problems, diabetes, infectious diseases, or immune deficiency syndromes should consult a physician before using this product. If you have trouble breathing while using the ModPlunge, discontinue use and consult a physician immediately.
- The use of the ModPlunge directly after strenuous exercise may be injurious to your health.
- Prolonged immersion in the ModPlunge may be injurious to your health.
- Prolonged immersion in cold water may induce hypothermia (a medical condition caused by prolonged exposure to very cold temperatures where the body loses heat faster than it can produce it). Normal body temperature is around 98.6°F/37°C. Hypothermia exists when body temperatures drop below 95°F/35°C.
- Users should exit the ModPlunge immediately if uncomfortable, lightheaded, or experiencing palpitations, chest pains, numbness or dizziness.
Consult with your physician prior to using ModPlunge or any cold plunge to understand your personal health risks and to get answers to your personal medical questions. Soaking in a cold tub like ModPlunge can be extremely beneficial to your health, as well as therapeutic, but it can also be hazardous under certain conditions.
OWNERS OF THE MODPLUNGE SHOULD SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS & PRECAUTIONS, KEEPING THEM AVAILABLE AND ACCESSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL USERS OF THIS PRODUCT.